Australia's most credible, independent voice on issues affecting regional Australia
SEGRA, Australia's premier conference on regional issues, is about assisting regional, rural and remote Australia to source and identify the techniques, skills and issues they need to address to achieve successful economic growth and development. The SEGRA conference, established in 1997, provides a unique opportunity for all sections of the Australian community (rural and urban) to explore the key issues affecting regional, rural and remote Australia and be part of providing positive sustainable outcomes to ensure future prosperity.
Objectives of SEGRA include regions:
- Taking the initiative and control of their own economic development destinies;
- Identifying their positions – economic, social and cultural – and maximising their worth in the new global economy;
- Identifying and exploiting emerging issues and trends to maximise benefits;
- Developing innovative strategies and implementation processes to ensure community support and relevant action to meet regional needs;
- Identifying key decision makers, processes and points of access in government and the corporate sector;
- Identifying the issues essential for regional sustainability;
- Actioning strategies for real influence and impact;
- Raising regional profiles; and
- Setting the policy agenda and changing the choices and present options.
SEGRA Strategic Plan
Please click here to view the SEGRA Strategic Plan.
SEGRA Delegate Data
Comments from past delegates and supporters:
The work of in maintaining an ongoing, dynamic forum for considering issues critical to regional Australia is to be commended.
Thank you for a wonderful conference, it was really great.
Congratulations on a great conference – one of the best yet.
We had a great time and have had very positive feedback regarding the programs.
Got me thinking beyond my own scope and that enthuses me. Ideas were translated directly. Networking. Economic Development brain in top gear.
Congratulations on an excellent conference, hope to see you next year.
The Conference was exceptional and I found it very beneficial to my role as a Member of Parliament.
It was a great conference and I got so much out of it this year!!
I would like to thank you very much for organising a wonderful conference. I gained so much out of it and having been to other conferences this was by far the best as it was relevant to what is happening around us. It also gave me the chance to know that I am not alone in my quest to get things done for regional Australia.